Waspie Corset -- Black/Gold/Copper, Size 40 (43.5"-45" waist)
Waspie Corsets are the ultimate workhorse staple corset in my wardrobe, and it's probably the style that I am most proud of. This is the corset that we go through 4x faster at events than any other style. If you've often found that off-the-rack corsets come up way too high under the bust (or even worse, if you've ended up with bruises after events from too-tall corsets!), then this corset will change your life! =) This style also works well for those wanting the corseted look without committing to a taller, much more restrictive fit. The rib spring on these is a generous 4", and the hipspring is 9" (the difference each is larger than the actual corset's waist). This allows for a curvy fit, but still has breathing room on most body types (if you find that you need a larger or smaller rib or hip, I also take custom orders!).
See below for item sizing and specifics before purchase! Availability is limited!
Each corset I make is engineered to take abuse. All corsets are:
- Secured with 4 rows of stitching at every seam
- Reinforced at the waist with non-stretch waist tape
- Interlined with a layer of durable cotton coutil to prevent poke-throughs and to keep the fancy outer fabric strong
- Boned with both spiral and flat steel, all strategically placed depending on corset size for maximum curves and support
- Set with two part metal grommets made by a military grade manufacturer
- Laced up with durable, easy to pull polypropylene corset lacing
- Lined in (and unexpectedly, often reversible to) pretty damasks and jacquards