- Waspie Corsets
- Waspie Corset, Size 36 - Black/Teal/Silvery Off-White - Magpie Colorway
Waspie Corset, Size 36 - Black/Teal/Silvery Off-White - Magpie Colorway
Waspie Corsets are the ultimate workhorse staple corset in my wardrobe, and it's probably the style that I am most proud of. This is the corset that we go through 4x faster at events than any other style. If you've often found that off-the-rack corsets come up way too high under the bust (or even worse, if you've ended up with bruises after events from too-tall corsets!), then this corset will change your life! =) This style also works well for those wanting the corseted look without committing to a taller, much more restrictive fit. The rib spring on these is a generous 4", and the hipspring is 9" (the difference each is larger than the actual corset's waist). This allows for a curvy fit, but still has breathing room on most body types.
This particular corset is made in a black, silvery off white, and teal patchwork. It's trimmed with black tone on tone striped bias (it looks purple in some photos, but it's absolutely black in person). It laces up the back with black laces through nickel grommets.
Corset Size 36 - This means the actual corset's waist measures 36". You will need to be 3-5" larger than this in the waist for proper fit. Please see my Sizing page for more info on measuring/sizing.
Each corset I make is engineered to take abuse. All corsets are:
- Secured with 4 rows of stitching at every seam
- Reinforced at the waist with non-stretch waist tape
- Interlined with a layer of durable cotton coutil to prevent poke-throughs and to keep the fancy outer fabric strong
- Boned with both spiral and flat steel, all strategically placed depending on corset size for maximum curves and support
- Set with two part metal grommets made by a military grade manufacturer
- Laced up with durable, easy to pull polypropylene corset lacing
- Lined in (and unexpectedly, often reversible to) pretty damasks and jacquards